Baby Ticker!

 BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

...five weeks and counting

...counting the time for bed that is. Yesterday was the nurse appointment that confirmed my pregnancy tests weren't a waste if money! Now...I'm so tired I could sleep with my eyes wide open. Up until today (scratch that, yesterday) I was amazed that I didn't feel any more tired than usual. Regular me would get tired EVERY afternoon at 1:30 ish and laps into a post-lunch coma. Just in time to teach the ever active kindergarten class at the very last period of the day. I'd literally want to cry my way home. But today, it hit me like a snowball in the face. At about 11 am, I wanted to crawl back home and into bed. PLUS< my allergies are awful right now and my throat haas been raw since last night. Ears blocked. Nose stuffed. Eyes sore. Bags big and purple. Post nasal drip. Go ahead and check ALL the boxes. But alas, I made it through the day after a trip to Walgreens and a Neti Pot cleansing over my classroom sink... good thing we sanitize!

It's not yet 7 and as soon as I finish these sweet potato tater tots with honey mustard (my craving of late) I'll be fast asleep.


*** Flash back! When I was in the 6th grade while riding home, some kids were throwing snowballs at our bus as we drove by. We turned the corner and thanks to physics and sheer fate, a snowball entered the window THREE seats ahead of me, made a sharp curve, and slammed me right in the face. Went all under my glasses and sat wedged between the lens and my eye. Yup. That's how the fatigue hit me today. Like a mean stranger throwing snowballs at my bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment